my mum just shouted “yolo!!” from the kitchen and i heard plates smash
read that, again. (via fearlessknightsandfairytales)
1) The first boy I loved didn’t just shatter my heart. He shattered every part of me, even my tongue. When I kiss you, you will bleed.
2) Sometimes when I’m driving at night I let go of the wheel and clench my eyes shut and pretend I’m about to die. I’m not leaving, just imagining. I promise I’ll come back soon.
3) Parents tend not to like me. I always accidentally slip a suicidal comment into conversations. Your mother will probably be calling 911 before she’s calling to invite me back.
4) Loving him turned me cold. When I sleep in your bed you will shiver beside me and I’m sorry about the temperature but I’m here with you and thats a big step for me.
5) Sometimes I need to talk at 3 AM and I know you love to sleep but I love you and I’m trying really hard to do it right so please pick up the phone.
I know you weren’t mad when I brought a water bottle full of vodka to your family cookout but I figured these were some things you should know before telling me you can handle this (via lamebby)
Three years later, a new girl sits cross-legged on your bed.
She tastes like a different flavor of bubblegum than you are used to.
She opens up a book that you had to read in high school, and a folded picture of us falls out of chapter three.
Now there are two unfinished stories resting in her lap.
Inevitably, she asks, and you tell her.
You say: I dated her a while back.
You don’t say: Sometimes, when I’m holding you, I imagine the smell of her vanilla perfume.
You say: She was younger than me.
You don’t say: The sixteen summers in her bones warmed the eighteen winters my skin had weathered.
You say: It’s nothing now.
You don’t say: But it was everything then.
Some things are better left unsaid (via dearalexandra)
there’s nothing worse than seeing someone who deserves the world and the best it offers being treated unfairly and you can see them slowly being broken
i miss when i was like 12 and it would be the night before a big field trip or something and i couldnt go to sleep because i was so excited. i miss being so into a book that i would stay up past my bed time reading it. everything seems so bland or something idk. i’m only 19 and everything is so tiring. i miss wanting to be awake
this is the realist shit on this website